Cisco 8861 IP Phone (CP-8861-K9=)
The Cisco IP Phone 8861 with third party call control will deliver a user-focused experience to your organization. Cisco Intelligent Proximity integrates select telephony features with your personal mobile device. USB and Bluetooth support offer choices in accessories and wideband audio provides high-quality voice communications. The 8861 adds to its value and return on investment.
- Includes a 5-inch widescreen, backlit, grayscale, 800x480 pixel display.
- Support for up to 5 DN lines, 5 programmable line keys and 4 soft keys.
- Fixed feature keys, including keypad, conference, transfer, hold, apps, directories, voice messaging and more.
- Supports XML.
- Provides SSL-based VPN client.
- Support for wideband audio and Full-duplex speakerphone.
- 2-port Gigabit Ethernet switch supports a co-located PC.
- Integrated headset jack, 3.5 mm stereo line in/out jack for optional external headset, speakers, or headphones, dual position foot stand, wall mountable.
- Single USB port enhances the usability of call handling by enabling wired or wireless headsets, as well as provides charging capability to mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets.
- Supports Bluetooth 3.0 Enhanced Data Rate (EDR) Class 1 technology (up to 66-ft range).
- Powered via 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) or optional Cisco Power Cube 4 (sold separately)
- Cisco Webex Calling - Interoperability tested and certified
- Webex Calling Center - Interoperability tested and certified
- Cisco Broadworks - Interoperability tested and certified – Releases 19sp1, 20sp1, 21sp1, 22sp1, 23sp1
- Asterisk - Interoperability tested - Release 1.8+
- Centile - Interoperability tested and certified - Release Istra SP 9.2
- Metaswitch -Interoperability tested and certified - Release 9.3
- Ribbon Kandy Business Solutions - Interoperability tested and certified (Q4 calendar 2020)
- RingCentral - BYOD, manual provisioning
- Can be used with a variety of SIP compatible hosted service providers and SIP compatible IP PBX systems
- Check with your hosted provider or IP PBX documentation to confirm system compatibility